Special Offer for Volunteers
MOTAT would like to thank all those who are embracing the kiwi volunteering spirit by offering FREE entry for you and your family or friends during the course of National Volunteer Week from Sun 16 - Sat 22 June.
Whether you coach your daughter's soccer team, lead your local scout group, help out at the local animal shelter, or perhaps you help 'drive' the walking school bus at your child’s school?
No matter what you do - if you’re a volunteer, then MOTAT would like to say THANK YOU and invite you to visit our museum FREE of charge during National Volunteer Week.
Volunteers play an important role behind the scenes here at MOTAT too so we wanted to celebrate volunteering of all kinds and thank you all for giving your time and your energy for the greater good - Volunteers really do make our world a better place!
Book your tickets for your preferred day.
- Sunday 16th will be an especially excellent time to visit MOTAT for Free as it coincides with our monthly MOTAT LIVE day event, when the museum springs into action with lots of extra activities and collection items on show!
Terms and Conditions:
- Present your printed Eventbrite ticket at either MOTAT entrance or have it available on your phone before you visit the Museum.
- This offer is open to all volunteers and is valid for a general admission MOTAT Family Pass. This includes 2 adults and up to 4 children aged 5-16. Children under 5 and SuperGold Card holders are free.
- Any combination of people up to the maximum entitlement may visit.
- Excludes separately ticketed after-hours events, education groups and group bookings.
- Please check www.motat.org.nz for current updates on Museum opening information.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
MOTAT is an all ages, totally inclusive and welcoming museum and we are offering up to two adult tickets and up to four child tickets with every “VOLUNTEER” booking made – we hope you enjoy your visit with your loved ones.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
MOTAT is located across two sites and parking is particularly plentiful at our M2 Meola Rd location where our Aviation Display Hall is situated. Starting your journey there and riding the tram to visit our M1 Great North Rd location is a great way to enjoy MOTAT.
If you'd rather start your visit at the Great North Rd site then we recommend parking at Stadium Rd or in the carpark adjacent to the Caltex Service Station opposite our main Gate A Great North Rd entrance.
Visit motat.org.nz for more details on getting to MOTAT.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
email@example.com is a great place to start, or follow us on facebook or any of the other social media channels and simply send us a message.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes it would be helpful if you could, but if you do forget, don't worry, we can look up your details on our records.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
We are happy for you to bring along friends and family, but it is also important to us that you come along too as part of redeeming this 'Free' volunteer thank you ticket offer.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
We would prefer it if the person who registers is part of the party attending, if not, we ask that there is at least one other member of the group who is an active volunteer in their community.