School Group Bookings Terms and Conditions
- Adults must accompany students at all times
- Artefacts must not be touched, climbed on or interfered with in any way, please stay behind barriers
- Running is not permitted in the museum grounds or buildings
- MOTAT is a live museum and we insist that footwear must be worn at all times
- Smoking is not permitted on MOTAT grounds
- In some MOTAT exhibitions visitors are invited to have their likeness captured in order to participate in particular exhibits. All such images will be used within the exhibition space only. They may remain there throughout the exhibition, but will not be used in any other context. In giving permission for your child to attend MOTAT, the parent/caregiver gives permission for these digital images to be used within the context of the exhibition
Maximum Numbers and Group sizes:
- Maximum number of 120 students per day (split over 4 sessions)
- Minimum number of 20 students per day (1 session)
- A minimum charge of $100.00 will apply to bookings with less than 20 children
- Required ratio of adults to students is 1:6, ensuring a safe and effective learning experience
Site facilities and Access:
- Wheelchairs are available for use from the MOTAT Shop. If you would like one reserved for the day of your visit, please contact 09 815 5808 / 09 845 3696 and we can arrange to have one at the gate on arrival
- First Aid Room - see your educator on the day. The MOTAT shop is also a point of contact for first aid.
- To provide a safe environment for all visitors, entry is restricted before 9.45am for visiting groups. This is due to vehicle movements happening before opening hours
Attendance Numbers and Payment Options:
- Payment on visit day (cash, cheques, eftpos, credit card)
- Invoice by prior arrangement. Please provide your account person’s name and email address. The invoice is sent after the visit.
- On arrival, a teacher will need to give the number of students and adults attending to the Educator. This is essential for our statistics and Ministry of Education Contract
- This is also verification that you will be charged the correct amount of students attending
- All bookings will incur an Administrative Fee of $75.00 if cancellation notice is less than 5 working days prior to visit date
- If the booking is postponed for another date in the term the charge will not apply.