Sir Keith Park Memorial Aviation Display
The Sir Keith Park Memorial Aviation Display is located in the multi-award winning Aviation Display Hall at MOTAT Meola Road.
We host a large collection of recreational, top dressing, commercial and military aircraft which celebrates the evolution of New Zealand aviation since February 1911 when Vivian Walsh achieved sustained and controlled flight in a British Howard Wright biplane.
Visitors will also be able to see aircraft which saw service with the Royal New Zealand Air Force such as the de Havilland Mosquito and the modern Skyhawk and Aermacchi.
See the World's last remaining Short Solent Mk IV in the Aviation Display Hall
This World War II designed Blister Hangar was extensively used throughout Britain during WW II as a type of transportable aircraft hangar and was constructed of wooden or steel ribs and generally clad in steel sheets.
MOTAT's Blister Hangar was originally built for the RNZAF during World War II at Ardmore Airfield. It was in use as an aircraft hangar until it was moved to MOTAT in 1979. At MOTAT it has been used to both house aircraft in the collection and to provide an aircraft restoration workshop for our dedicated aviation volunteers.