In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have temporarily closed our sites to the public to help keep our community safe. Our team will endeavour to reply to your enquiry as soon as able, but please bear with us on any delays. If your email is in regard to an item you are offering to donate to the Museum, please be aware we are not able to assess items while we are closed. We will be in touch once we have resumed to normal operation.
Thank you for your understanding,
The Team at MOTAT
The Collection encompasses objects from the following areas:
Have you got a query regarding the MOTAT collection?
For information about specific collection items, please visit our Collection Online section.
Do you have a collection item you think might be of interest to MOTAT?
If you're interested in donating an item to MOTAT please complete the Collection Offer form here.
Please note the following:
- MOTAT has an acquisition process and offers can take up to three months to assess.
- Unless items hold extraordinary significance and strong connections to New Zealand innovation, MOTAT is not accepting common domestic or household technology or personal technology items (e.g. doilies, sewing machines, typewriters, home computers, telephones, cameras, film projectors and lawnmowers) as we already have examples in the collection.
- All donation offers are assessed to determine whether they fall within our collecting strategy.
- MOTAT can only accept donations for which the donor has legal title.
- MOTAT loans collection objects to museums and heritage institutions only.