Have you got a query regarding the MOTAT collection?
For information about specific collection items, please visit our Collection Online section. If you're interested in donating an item to MOTAT please complete the Collection Offer form at the bottom of this page.
Please note the following:
- MOTAT has an acquisition process and offers can take up to three months to assess.
- Unless items hold extraordinary significance and strong connections to New Zealand innovation, MOTAT is not accepting common domestic or household technology or personal technology items (e.g. doilies, sewing machines, typewriters, home computers, telephones, cameras, film projectors and lawnmowers) as we already have examples in the collection.
- All donation offers are assessed to determine whether they fall within our collecting strategy.
- MOTAT can only accept donations for which the donor has legal title.
- MOTAT loans collection objects to museums and heritage institutions only.
The Collection encompasses objects from the following areas:
Do you have a collection item you think might be of interest to MOTAT? Please complete the our Collection Offer form and a MOTAT Team member will get back to you within 10 working days.