MOTAT’s responsibility and commitment to the Auckland community is incorporated into every aspect of what the Museum does and is defined by the MOTAT Vision, Values and Approach.
Throughout the year, we hold many events in addition to our usual exhibitions which promote specific causes and encourage the gathering and collaboration of the wider community.
Here are some examples of how MOTAT’s demonstrates its commitment to you:
- The annual ‘MOTAT Nights, Christmas Lights’ event attracts in excess of 20,000 people during December with all gold coin admissions going to charities to support people in need.
- Our annual Children’s day event is held with all gold coin donations going to charity.
- We provide complimentary family passes for up to 10 charitable or community groups per month to use for their fundraising efforts.
- Over 26,000 school students attend our Ministry of Education LEOTC sessions, led by our qualified educators.
- We purchase local products where possible to support local suppliers and reduce carbon emissions.
- We raise money for and support local charities.
- We support local community task force clean up initiatives.
- We offer a sustainability education programme for schools.
- We work with the parole service and support rehabilitation of offenders.