Manager: Collections Operations Coordinator
Assigned Team: Collections
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER’S RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Operate MOTAT Trams between the two MOTAT sites and, where appropriate, within MOTAT 1.
- Operate as a conductor on the Trams, as required.
- Actively engage with the Museum’s tram passengers to provide a high quality visitor experience and represent MOTAT in a professional manner.
- Contribute to a welcoming environment for passengers on the trams and engage and provide an informative and educational interactive experience.
- Actively focus on passenger needs by being informative and professional in all interactions.
- Actively support the delivery of the MOTAT experience including relevant historical information about the trams and also the Museum.
- Maintain relevant information on current exhibitions, upcoming events, and promotions.
- Assist passengers with equipment i.e. prams, pushchairs, and walkers.
- Announce all stops, giving an overview of what is happening on each site.
- Attend the monthly tram meetings with the Collection Operations Coordinator.
- Ensure that all procedures, processes and documentation pertaining to the tram operation are adhered to and completed correctly and in an efficient manner.
- Ensure that all safety inspections are undertaken prior to operations.
- Ensure that trams are clean and presented to a high standard.
- Ensure that the tram runs to specified timetable.
- Remain current on all emergency procedures in accordance with the overall Museum Emergency Response policies and procedures, including emergency telephone use.
Volunteering Days: Saturday and/or Sunday
Hours: Minimum ½ a day per month.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must complete training and gain relevant licenses, as outlined in the safety case.
- Must have a full drivers licence.
- Flexibility and a “can do” attitude.
- Able to work as part of a team and unsupervised.
- Health & safety conscious.
- Ability to commit to volunteering on a regular basis.
- Ability to participate in regular training.