Planned Giving Assistant
Volunteer Role: Planned Giving Assistant
Manager: Commercial Manager
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Planned Giving Assistant you will support MOTAT’s Fundraising Coordinator by providing information to interested parties about donating to MOTAT, including providing information about MOTAT’s Bequests Programme. With the ability to work from home, you will liaise with prospective donors in a confidential, and professional manner ensuring that at all times you consider the sensitive nature of providing information around donations and bequests.
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER’S RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Assist with the hosting of appropriate functions in order to provide information to prospective donors.
- Liaise with prospective donors to discuss the process and benefits of donating to MOTAT.
- Support and nurture relationships with prospective donors and make a commitment to keep in touch on a regular basis.
- Be available to answer questions and respond to queries from prospective donors.
- Keep up-to-date records of prospective donor details.
- Represent MOTAT in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Volunteering Days: As agreed with the Commercial Manager.
Review Period: 6 months or after 50 hours, whichever is earlier.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of Planned Giving.
- Be resilient, tactful, compassionate and empathetic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the important ability to listen.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to relate well to people of varied ages and backgrounds, especially people of a senior age.
- Willingness to nurture and develop face-to-face relationships.
- Ability to research opportunities using the internet, phone and other resources.
- Flexibility and “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised.
- Ability to commit to volunteering on a regular basis.