Health & Safety Administrator
Team Leader: Health & Safety Manager Assigned
Team: Health & Safety
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Health & Safety Administrator will assist the Health & Safety Manager in promoting a Health & Safety culture where all MOTAT Team Members actively contribute to a safe environment.
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER'S RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
Under the direction of the Health & Safety Manager the Health & Safety Administrator will assist with Health & Safety related tasks, including:
- Maintaining Health & Safety databases in relation to incident and injury reporting, hazard identification, and risk management plans.
- Assisting with the organisation of internal Health & Safety training - preparing PowerPoint presentations, worksheets, and other course related materials, booking training spaces, liaising with training attendees.
- Assisting MOTAT Team Members to record all near misses, accidents, and incidents.
- Assisting the Health & Safety Manager to create and maintain hazard registers of all MOTAT sites, workshops, and offices.
- Assisting the Health & Safety Manager and other MOTAT Team Members to undertake risk assessments across the Museum and facilitating regular updates.
Minimum 1 day per week, to be completed on the same day(s) each week.
Volunteering Days: As agreed with Health & Safety Manager
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Enthusiasm for Health & Safety matters and a willingness to learn Health & Safety concepts and practices.
- Awareness of hazard identification processes and procedures.
- High level of attention to detail in relation to data entry and filing.
- General administration experience - Microsoft Office applications and other computer databases.
- Previous experience in a Health & Safety or HR administration role, desirable.