Communications Team Member
Team Leader: Collection Projects Manager
Assigned Team: Communications
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Reporting to the Collection Project Manager, provide technical advice on the maintenance, restoration and use of communications-based artefacts and to assist in the practical restoration of artefacts and objects in the Communications workshop.
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER’S RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Work on agreed communications projects, as requested by the Collection Project Manager or the relevant Project Leader.
- Provide technical advice on maintenance and restoration issues within the Communications team.
- Assist in the practical restoration and rebuilding of communications artefacts and objects.
- Ensure all required documentation in relation to the restoration projects is completed.
- Contribute to a welcoming environment for customers and provide information and education on the communications artefacts.
- Ensure that the restoration and display areas are safe and free of potential hazards and at all times maintaining a tidy workspace.
Volunteering Days: Tuesdays
Hours: Between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Engineering or technical experience within the ICT and/or telecommunications industries.
- Practical electrical skills including soldering and wiring experience.
- Volunteers need to be physically fit as some lifting will be involved.
- Ability to commit to volunteer on a regular basis.