Code Club Volunteer
Team Leader: Education Manager
Assigned Team: Education
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Assist the Education team in the delivery of Code Club projects. Projects are specifically designed by Code Club Aotearoa to teach late Primary and Intermediate school aged students the basic concepts of computer programming using Scratch, HTML, CSS and Python.
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER'S RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Assisting with set up, delivery and pack up of MOTAT’s Code Club to be delivered every Tuesday afternoon.
- Actively engage with school aged students to share your knowledge and expertise of various computer languages (Scratch, Scratch Advanced, HTML, CSS and Python) in a way that will help build their understanding of computer programming concepts.
- Actively engage with the school aged visitors in a positive and friendly manner to provide a high-quality customer experience.
Volunteering Days: Tuesdays during the school term, as agreed with the Education Manager.
Volunteering Hours: 2:00 - 5:00pm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Code Club Volunteers need to have a reasonable knowledge of computer programming.
- Friendly manner and ability to build a strong rapport with school aged children.
- Flexibility and a “can do” attitude.
- Able to work as part of a team and unsupervised.
- Health & safety conscious.