WHAT'S ON IN JUNE/JULY/AUGUST 2013
Experience an exciting explosion of sound with Sound FX at MOTAT this July school holidays!
1. Military Area - See the military vehicles in action, have vehicle rides and check out the collection on Third Sunday of the month.
2. Aviation Display Hall - See our award-winning building and one of the most impressive aviation collections in the world. Guided tours available when booked in advance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (09) 815 5808.
3. Display Hall 2 - See Auckland's new electric train mock-up and ‘A British Selection' car display.
4. Pumphouse - See Auckland's iconic Western Springs Pumphouse, the first building in New Zealand to receive a UNESCO award. It operates every weekday and check out the Beam Engine in action on Thursdays 12-1pm and 2-3pm. Please note: the Pumphouse will not be operating on Monday 27 June. We apologise for the inconvenience.
5. Acivitiy Dome
6. 90° South - Explore Sir Edmund Hillary's Antarctic Expedition from 1956-1958.
7. Telecommunications - See a wide range of communication technology from semaphore to mobile phones. Workshop open Tuesdays and Third Sunday of the month 10am-5pm.
8. The Depot - Take in the trades of early industrial New Zealand.
9. The Fire Station - See one of the largest fire engine collections in the world. Includes some of the first fire fighting technology used in New Zealand.
10. The Print Shop - Learn the history and practice of printing and come in for exciting Printing Press Workshops on Sundays 10am-4pm.
11. Historic Village - Wander through settler society during the Victorian Era and visit the school house, chapel and cottages.
12. Early 1900s Shops - Browse retail stores in early 1900s New Zealand.
13. Signposts to Godzone - Immerse yourself in symbols of popular Kiwi culture.
14. Mirror Maze - How fast can you get through the baffling labyrinth? Open daily.
15. The Challenge Zone - Hands-on exhibits which are entertaining, informative and fun for all age groups. A must-do for kids on your visit to MOTAT!
16. Tinkering Tots - NEW! Under 5's Gallery designed especially for our youngest visitors and their families.
17. Display Hall 1 - Come and see MOTAT's amazing travelling exhibition ‘Imagination Factory'.
18. Tactile Dome - In total darkness, explore tunnels using only your sense of touch and direction. See board outside for daily session times.
19. I Am The Last Tram - Take a stroll down 1950s Queen Street, and transport yourself back to the decade that changed Auckland and New Zealand forever. Guided tours available when booked in advance. Email email@example.com or phone (09) 815 5808.
20. While You Were Away - Discover what life was like in New Zealand when the world was at war from 1914-1945.
21. Winning the Peace - See the changes that took place in New Zealand following World War II and how they transformed the Kiwi way of life forever.
22. Roadworks - Learn about the making of Auckland's roads.
23. Tram Barns - Learn more about Auckland's tramway heritage and see MOTAT's collection of trams.
24. Road Transport - See a wide range of the collection throughout MOTAT and come and see what we are working on in the workshop. Workshop open Sundays & Tuesdays from 10am-2:30pm.
25. Waitakere Station - Explore the impact rail once had on New Zealand society and the development of Auckland.
26. Model Railway - See the development of the North Island main trunk line.