WHAT'S ON IN JULY 2014
- The Energiser Building is CLOSED, due maintenance from Friday 30 May.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
1. Military Area – Open every Third Sunday of the month.
3. Display Hall 2 - NEW EXHIBITION OPENING 27 SEPTEMBER 2014.
4. Pumphouse - See Auckland’s iconic Western Springs Pumphouse, the first building in New
Zealand to receive a UNESCO award.
5. Discovery Dome
6. 90° South - Explore Sir Edmund Hillary’s Antarctic Expedition.
10. MOTAT Village - Wander through our historic village.
11. Early 1900s Shops - Browse retail stores in early 1900s New Zealand.
12. Stars & Cars – Kiwi icons and their motors.
13. Mirror Maze - Find your way through the baffling labyrinth.
14. Challenge Zone - Interactive activities.
15. Tinkering Tots - Under 5’s Gallery.
16. Birthday Party Room
17. Motor Nation - Tells the story of the Kiwi love affair with cars.
18. Tactile Dome - In total darkness, explore tunnels using only your sense of touch and direction. Open weekends and school holidays only.
19. I Am The Last Tram - Take a stroll down 1950s Queen Street.
20. Winning the Peace - See the changes that took place in New Zealand following World War II and how they transformed the Kiwi way of life. NEW EXHIBITION OPENING 27 SEPTEMBER 2014.
21. While You Were Away - Discover what life was like in New Zealand when the world was at war from 1914-1945.
22. Tram Barns - See MOTAT’s collection of trams.
23. Road Transport - See what we are working on in the workshop.
24. Waitakere Station - Explore the impact rail once had on New Zealand society.
25. Model Railway - See the development of the North Island main trunk line.