There will be resurfacing works on Great North Road between Bullock Track and Ponsonby Road over a 3-4 week period, commencing April 18.
10am - 5pm, open 7 days a week. MOTAT is open on all public holidays excluding Christmas Day.
Last entry into the Museum is at 4.30pm.
The main MOTAT site is located at 805 Great North Rd, Western Springs and our second site is located just a few minutes away on Meola Rd which is home to the highly impressive Aviation Display Hall. Click here for information on how to get to MOTAT.
Click here for details about public parking at MOTAT.
We recommend at least two hours of time to get around MOTAT. However, MOTAT is a huge place and has heaps to offer, so come as early as you can to get a great experience!
Tram Hours of Operation
|MOTAT Great North Road||First departure:
|MOTAT Meola Road||First departure:
Walsh Memorial Library Hours
Please note the Walsh Memorial Library will be temporarily based off-site until further notice to allow for a building upgrade and engineering work. Access to resources will be somewhat limited during this time, but if you have research requests please continue to email them through to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate them by appointment. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
Phone: +64 9 815 5800
Fax: +64 9 846 4242
Entry outside of opening hours (10am - 5pm) is by appointment and through the pedestrian gate on Stadium Road.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY TO MOTAT
Entry into MOTAT is subject to the following conditions and may be revoked by MOTAT for breach of specified conditions:
1. MOTAT reserves the right to change price, activities, displays and times without notice.
2. Patrons of MOTAT are forbidden from taking any of the following articles into MOTAT:
(a) Any article which is likely to injure or disturb other persons, including chemical substances which give off noxious fumes or smoke, alcoholic beverages (if no written permit is held from MOTAT Management), illegal drugs, weapons, loud hailers.
(b) Goods intended for sale (if no written permit is held from MOTAT Management)
(c) Any article which may hamper or impede MOTAT patrons, staff, or exhibitions and displays.
3. MOTAT Patrons will be required to leave MOTAT if they:
(a) Engage in conduct which unreasonably interferes with the enjoyment of MOTAT by other patrons.
(b) Hamper or impede the conduct of MOTAT activities.
(c) Breach any of the by-laws or orders applicable to MOTAT.
4. No dogs are permitted on MOTAT grounds (except guide dogs).
5. Children under 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times in accordance with section 10B of the Summary Offences Act 1981.
6. Photography and video is permitted for personal use only (commercial use must be negotiated prior to shooting and with written permission from MOTAT).
7. Patrons of MOTAT are expected to obey all MOTAT rules and regulations where present.
8. Should you require first aid please notify a MOTAT staff member at either of the MOTAT shops, or any MOTAT staff member should movement be impractical.
9. In case of an emergency evacuation, please follow all instructions from MOTAT emergency staff.
10. Smoking is not permitted on MOTAT grounds.
11. Visitors must not bring roller skates, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, bicycles or similar transport into MOTAT. Toddlers’ ride-on toys are permitted only if fitted with a rigid fixed handle and under the control of a responsible adult at all times.
12. Shoes must be worn at all times on MOTAT grounds.